As The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health, Orygen has as its strategic objective, to partner with young people to ensure that we remain at the forefront of everything we do.
We recognise that young people, families, and the community are key partners in improving young people’s mental health. As a commitment to this, Orygen has developed a three-year Youth Engagement and Participation Strategy to promote youth engagement and participation across the organisation.
How can I be involved?
Orygen are very excited to be running our third Summer Intern Program which will begin in January 2018.
We are inviting applications from a diverse group of enthusiastic young people aged 17 – 25 ('for the duration of the program) to participate in a 4 week Summer Intern Program (3 days per week) at Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health in Parkville, Melbourne.
What is the Summer Intern Program all about?
The Summer Intern Program is an exciting opportunity for young people aged 17 – 25 years to gain experience and exposure to the world’s leading youth mental health research and knowledge translation organisation, Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health.
Please note: The Summer Intern Program is voluntary, but participants will be provided with an allowance to cover lunch and travel costs within Melbourne.
Orygen’s Summer Intern Program provides:
- A four week placement (three days per week) providing access to research teams, key policy and advocacy staff, clinical specialists and workforce trainers that have extensive experience working in the field of youth mental health.
- An opportunity to increase interns' knowledge and understanding of the youth mental health sector in Australia, with an emphasis on workforce development, research, policy and communications.
- Participants with a greater understanding of the types of research projects currently being developed in the growing area of youth mental health.
- An opportunity to develop a group presentation with support from Orygen’s media and design team to present at Orygen’s research meeting.
- To promote young people’s understanding of the day to day operations of a Centre of Excellence.
Participation in this internship program will provide participants with in-depth information about the workings of a National Centre of Excellence and provide opportunity to take a real world look at the different roles and functions that make up the centre.
Participants will rotate through each of the four divisions of Orygen during their time, whilst working towards the delivery of a final product to reflect their learnings and experience.
Check out what our previous interns had to say about their experience:
Applications close 5pm on Friday 6th of October 2017.
Summer Intern Program Information & Application Form
Summer Intern Program Position Description
Please email, call or text Jacqui Faliszewski, Youth Participation & Engagement Manager Jacqui.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0421 762 524