Develop and deliver evidence-based service models
Goal: to co-design and implement seamless and integrated service models that best meet the mental health needs of young people and their families, from early intervention and primary care through to more complex and severe specialist care, and that can be applied across Australia and globally.
We will do this by:
- co-designing, implementing and evaluating an exemplar seamless integrated clinical service model for young people that is piloted in the north and west region of Melbourne before being expanded across Victoria and nationally;
- securing a role in the commissioning of the Victorian and national enhanced systems of youth mental health care;
- being the national policy centre for youth mental health; influencing and enhancing the policy agenda for youth mental health for Australia’s states and territories, as well as nationally and globally;
- providing integrated and prevention-oriented drug and alcohol and mental health services across the continuum of care within our own services, and advocating for these across the system of youth mental health;
- expanding the functional elements of our service models to improve vocational, educational and psychosocial outcomes, and advocating for these to be applied across the mental health system nationally and globally;
- developing and implementing a family participation strategy across primary care and through to specialist care;
- integrating an online service domain into the clinical model using Orygen Digital products;
- designing and delivering services that are inclusive of the needs of young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- integrating research opportunities into clinical services, and using clinical service experiences to inform research innovation;
- identifying, assessing and taking up opportunities for expansion of clinical services and influence in other areas of Victoria and Australia inclusive of the needs of young people who are hard to reach, marginalised or disadvantaged such as young people from CALD, First Nations and LGBTIQA+ backgrounds; and
- designing and implementing supports and processes for the expansion of Orygen Digital.