Enact research for reform
Goal: to undertake research across youth mental health and health services that drives the case for prevention, and the reform of treatment approaches, clinical services and mental health systems locally, nationally and globally.
We will do this by:
- attaining, hosting and implementing a national collaborative clinical trials network in youth mental health;
- developing a strategic framework for a comprehensive program of research activities inclusive of youth and family participation;
- conceiving and conducting innovative research in youth mental health;
- coordinating a comprehensive research platform that enables quality research within the organisation and across Australia;
- recruiting and nurturing the best emerging research talent from within Australia and globally;
- developing and expanding our research workforce;
- embedding research as a normal part of clinical services delivery and funding models to support an integrated system of care;
- designing and implementing a ‘pipeline’ framework to facilitate translation of research to clinical impact;
- expanding the global reach and influence of our research activities; and
- designing and implementing new business models to maximise clinical, research and translation impact.