We are seeking expressions of interest from Allied Health Practitioners (AHPs) to provide private practice services and high quality, evidence-based interventions to young people aged 12-25. These roles are open to those eligible to use Medicare services including clinical psychologists, general psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists. Located in Craigieburn, Glenroy, Shunshine and Werribee, our headspace centres are a ‘one stop shop’ with an enthusiastic and dedicated team of co-located service providers, offering comprehensive support to young people in the four core areas of: primary/sexual health, mental health, drug and alcohol services, and vocational/educational services.
AHP roles are key component of the mental health services provided within our centres. AHPs act as private practitioners with support from the local headspace team and other providers offering a range of specialist services, including: general/sexual health care, psycho-social support, family support, AOD counselling, vocational support, and a variety of therapeutic and recreational/social groups. AHPs have access to primary and secondary consultation and psychiatric review from the headspace clinical team, including our senior clinicians, psychiatric registrar and private consultant psychiatrists. Our own General Practitioners can provide Mental Health Care Plans, general health care/advice, and medical monitoring.
The AHP private practice role comes with great flexibility of hours/days, including the options for after-hours and weekend work (Saturday mornings). Services are delivered under the Medicare Better Outcomes for Mental Health Initiative and Access to Allied Psychological Services (subject to eligibility and availability).
Reception and administrative support provides assistance with electronic billing, SMS reminders and appointment booking. The electronic medical record system Medical Director will be available for AHPs to directly enter all client contacts and notes.
AHPs are encouraged to attend a regular peer consultation session which offers a space for peer based learning and reflection on clinical practice. Along with contributing to CPD, the AHP is remunerated for their attendance. Throughout the year AHPs can also elect to attend a range of professional development opportunities offered through both Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental health and headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation.
Let us support you working in private practice within a skilled multidisciplinary team with access to peer consultation, professional development, excellent practice management and comfortable premises.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work, occupational therapy and current registration with appropriate professional body.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Eligibility to provide Medicare Benefits Schedule services.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the assessment, diagnosis and provision of evidence-based treatments of mental health disorders and preferably youth
- Excellent skills in engaging and working with young people, their families and significant others.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Working with children check.
- Willingness to undergo a police records check.
To join the headspace team at either, please email your CV and preferred work location to email@example.com
Download the full Position Description