Full-time, fixed-term position available until 30 June 2020 based at headspace Sunshine.
Who we are
headspace is a world-first youth mental health initiative that supports young people who are going through a tough time; whether it’s depression, anxiety, relationship break-ups or alcohol and other drug issues. The youth-friendly services at headspace are aimed at teenagers and young adults in recognition of the fact that 75 percent of mental disorders emerge before the age of 25 years.
Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health has been funded by headspace: the National Youth Mental Health Foundation to establish and operate four headspace centres and associated services in the North West area of Melbourne. These headspace centres improve access to services and continuity of care for young people across four core streams of service including: mental health; alcohol and other drugs (AOD); general health; and social recovery/vocational services.
About the role
The Enhanced Care Coordinator - Senior Clinician will work within the Clinical Team of each centre providing increased capacity to engage and support young people with complex needs to seek and maintain their treatment within an enhanced primary care setting. This role will also support those young people are risk of self-harm and potential suicide who are presenting to the Emergency departments. Working with an identified ED this clinician will identify and address the barriers and challenges to access appropriate service pathways and effective treatment. This role will work closely with GP’s, Psychiatrists, access team clinicians and allied health contracted staff to facilitate coordinated care and treatment for moderate to severe mental health disorders. Working with the leadership team, this role will provide assessment, care planning, referral, advice and consultation services to young people, their families/carers and community professionals/agencies, and will have involvement in service development.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Nursing) and extensive experience in senior role ideally youth mental health.
- Passion, energy and determination to make a difference to health outcomes for young people.
- Extensive experience in the planning and provision of mental health care, including completion of mental health assessments, crisis intervention, psychoeducation and short-term treatment interventions to young people experiencing mental health and/or substance use, and/or other social difficulties, including current evidence-based approaches.
- Extensive service system knowledge, relevant legislation, government policy nad strategic directions in relation to mental health and alcohol and other substances particularly as it relates to young people
- Demonstrated capacity to problem solve effectively and work creatively with young people, particularly within an early intervention framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team in a health setting and to provide leadership and supervision to staff and students.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively liaise, build relationships and partnerships, consult and negotiate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Commitment to supporting clinical research within the service.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement that addresses the key selection criteria to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Enhanced Care Coordinator - Sunshine.
For further information about the role, please contact: Carsten Schley, Clinical Services Manager at Carsten.Schley@orygen.org.au or on (03) 9927 6222.
Closing Date for Applications: COB Friday, 22 March 2019.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description