Who we are
headspace is a world-first youth mental health initiative that supports young people who are going through a tough time; whether it’s depression, anxiety, relationship break-ups or alcohol and other drug issues. The youth-friendly services at headspace are aimed at teenagers and young adults in recognition of the fact that 75 percent of mental disorders emerge before the age of 25 years.
Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health has been funded by headspace: the National Youth Mental Health Foundation to establish and operate four headspace centres and associated services in the North West area of Melbourne. These headspace centres improve access to services and continuity of care for young people across four core streams of service including: mental health; alcohol and other drugs (AOD); general health; and social recovery/vocational services.
About the role
Full-time, fixed term position available until 30 June 2021
The position will provide operational support to the Practice Manager of headspace Werribee to ensure the effective delivery of all administrative functions. Functions include reception, maintaining appointment systems, billing and medical records, other database management and application of Microsoft Office tools. The position will be integral to the overall functioning and delivery of mental health and wellbeing services to young people and their families and carers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate warmly and effectively with young people, their families and a diverse range of health and community service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of confidential reception and administrative services, including a high level of word processing skills.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, relevant administrative/clerical procedures, including software applications and filing systems.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Understanding of contemporary human resources practices including workplace health and safety, equal opportunity and antidiscrimination.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement that addresses the key selection criteria to: email@example.com, using the subject line: Health Service Receptionist – Werribee.
For further information about the role, please view the attached position description or alternatively please contact: Chris Brunner, Practice Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 9927 6222.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 24 July 2019.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description