About the organisation
Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health is the world's leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people.
At Orygen, our leadership and staff work to deliver cutting-edge research, policy development, innovative clinical services, and evidence-based training and education to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the treatments and care provided to young people experiencing mental ill-health.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably skilled and experienced Secretariat Officer to strengthen the support for our Executive Team to ensure that it's key governance and leadership meetings and processes operate effectively and efficiently.
So if you're looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic, vibrant and forward thinking organisation that has become a thought leader in the field of youth mental health, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for providing higher level support to the Executive team and other senior leaders on request.
Key responsibilities will include
- establishing and maintaining administrative systems and processes that allow for the delivery of a high standard of service, providing accurate and timely information to stakeholders, and accurate records;
- preparing and delivering oral and written presentations, meeting papers, Board briefs and reports to a high standard
- managing and executing all of the operational and logistical aspects associated with Executive team sponsored projects, workshops and large events including venue procurement, drafting agendas, preparing running sheets and setting up on line registration and evaluation systems.
The following criteria must be met for consideration for this position:
- Significant experience in the provision of high level operational support, secretariat support, management of complex projects operational and logistics.
- Significant experience in working with information of a sensitive nature and demonstrable capacity to work with a high-level of discretion.
- Excellent computer skills including experience in using Microsoft Office and familiarity with project management and sharing platforms.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills with the ability to support multiple projects, prioritise work, manage tight deadlines and meet competing demands.
- Ability to manage processes that ensure stakeholders are actively engaged in Executive meetings and processes
- Demonstrated ability to prepare minutes, project reports, and briefs suitable for consideration at an Executive level
- Ability to use project management frameworks to support the planning, guidance and monitoring of complex projects or initiatives.
- A commitment and passion to achieving positive change in Youth Mental Health.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement that addresses the key selection criteria.
For further information about the role, please contact John Moran, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: COB Monday 2 October 2017.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description