Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people.
At Orygen, our leadership and staff work to deliver cutting-edge research, policy development, innovative clinical services, and evidence-based training and education to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the treatments and care provided to young people experiencing mental ill-health.
Our work has created a new, more positive approach to the prevention and treatment of mental disorders, and has developed new models of care for young people with emerging disorders. This work has been translated into a worldwide shift in services and treatments to include a primary focus on getting well and staying well, and health care models that include partnership with young people and families.
So if you’re looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic, vibrant and forward thinking organisation which has become a thought leader in the field of youth mental health, we look forward to hearing from you.
Part-time 0.5 FTE
The Youth Partnerships Facilitator will be responsible for supporting a number of key projects and events that engage young people across the world in an Orygen/World Economic Forum (WEF) partnership project to develop a global youth mental health model of care and investment framework. The Youth Partnerships Facilitator will work with the Orygen WEF project team to facilitate partnerships with youth driven and/or youth focused organisations internationally to implement a range of projects and consultation events to encourage youth participation and engagement in this project.
- A tertiary undergraduate qualification in a related discipline including, social work, psychology, youth work or health promotion.
- Excellent skills in coordinating activities and working with individuals and organisations at an international level
- Capacity to coordinate and implement projects or activities within tight timeframes.
- A demonstrated commitment and understanding of the principles of youth engagement and participation and how this translates at an organisational level.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear and concise documents, instructions and resources to support implementation of activities
- A capacity to work independently, work to appropriate timelines and demonstrate problem solving abilities.
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and its relevant programs, use of email, and the internet
- An understanding of the present policy context in relation to youth mental health
- Familiarity with mental health services and supports for young people and their families
- Previous experience of working with young people with youth focused services
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a supporting statement that addresses the key selection criteria.
For further information about the role, please contact Vivienne Browne on 03 9966 9268 or via email Vivienne.Browne@orygen.org.au.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Youth Participation Facilitator
Closing Date for Applications: COB Wednesday, 20 March 2019.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.
Download the full Position Description