Examples of unsafe content is content that:
- Depicts the location of self-harm or suicide (when and where).
- Depicts the method, process, or lead up to self-harm or suicide (what or how).
- Instructs how to engage in self-harm or suicide behaviour.
- Depicts the outcome or result of self-harm or suicide or before and after content of self-harm and suicide behaviour. For example, photos or videos that compares individuals or body parts before and after they have engaged in self-harm.
- Depicts grieving family members or friends of those who have died by suicide, without their permission.
- Photos or videos of the deceased person’s body, for example, at the location of their death, or photos or videos from a funeral viewing.
- Blurs methods yet includes details of methods in the accompanying text, for example, in the caption, description box, or hashtags.
Bullying content includes:
- Comments that include an invasion of privacy.
- Spamming or repetitive content.
- Statements that appear to deliberately seek to trigger difficult or distressing emotions in other people.
- Statements that include suicide pacts or suicide partners.
- Statements that place blame or make others feel responsible for another person’s safety.
- Suicide notes or goodbye notes.
- Verbal attacks.
Was this helpful?
Current rating: 1.6 (52 ratings)