- Encourage users to look after their own wellbeing and to take a break if things are getting too much.
- Make it clear that discrimination of any kind is unacceptable.
- Make it clear that graphic details about the suicide are not allowed.
- Outline the approval process for comments and feedback from other users.
- Explain when and how users can report harmful suicidal content to the appropriate 'social media' monitoring authority (e.g. Facebook Help Centre), or to the memorial page or group administrators.
- If you choose to accept reports yourself, then provide a contact form or other contact method (e.g. email address) for users to report unsafe or concerning content.
- Explain how administrators will respond to comments that indicate that a person may be at risk of suicide.
If you, as the administrator, decide to suspend, delete or block a user, let the person know you are concerned about their behaviour and clearly and carefully explain the reasons why you are concerned to the 'user'.
Was this helpful?
Current rating: 3 (1 ratings)