Interacting with others through comments and posts is a key element of engaging with others online.
If you have made a 'post' that refers to suicide or suicidal behaviour, or you have shared or replied to a post that involves suicide-related content, it can be helpful to monitor your post regularly for unsafe or harmful comments or content.
Here are some examples of harmful content:
- Comments that include an invasion of privacy
- Graphic descriptions of suicide
- Graphic images of suicide
- Means or methods of suicide
- Plans of suicide (e.g. when or how)
- Spamming or repetitive content
- Statements that encourage people to take their own life
- Statements that appear to deliberately seek to trigger difficult or distressing emotions in other people
- Statements that include suicide pacts or suicide partners
- Statements that place blame or make others feel responsible for another person’s safety
- Statements that provide vulnerable people information about how to end their life
- Suicide notes or goodbye notes
- Verbal attacks
Was this helpful?
Current rating: 4 (6 ratings)