Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry
Orygen’s Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry is a one year, graduate level program designed for psychiatry trainees seeking to specialise in youth mental health.
The course is part-time and fully online – so you can study anywhere, and anytime.
Through lectures delivered by world-leading experts in research and clinical practice, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of key topic areas that will support a career in youth mental health, including:
- development of mental ill-health in young people;
- evidence-based approaches to prevention as well as early intervention and clinical care in youth mental health;
- best practice engagement to optimise the therapeutic alliance with young people.
- ethical and legal considerations when working with young people in clinical contexts; and
- psychopharmacotherapy for young people.
Read the course outline
Graduates of the Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry will receive recognition for prior learning if they choose to pursue further graduate courses in youth mental health delivered in partnership with the University of Melbourne.
Applications to the Professional Certificate in Youth Psychiatry 2022 have now closed. Please apply below if you would like to submit an expression of interest for 2023.
Upskill in key areas identified as core competencies for youth mental health psychiatry trainees. Join the revolution in mind – apply now.
All applications will be reviewed, and applicants will be individually notified of the outcome via email. Students who have been accepted into the course can proceed to the webstore to finalise payment.