This module on anxiety disorders is for mental health professionals working with young people, with a focus on the clinical aspects of working therapeutically with this population. We hope this online module will further your skills in engaging, assessing, and treating young people with anxiety disorders, and help you provide a youth-friendly practice.
Who is this course for?
Clinicians working with young people with mental ill-health
What will you learn in this course?
- The different types of anxiety disorders
- What contributes to the development of anxiety disorders
- The impact that clinical anxiety can have on a young person
- Differences in clinical presentation of children and adolescents, compared to adults
- How to conduct an assessment of anxiety disorders using a combination of clinical interview and psychometric assessments
- The evidence base for the treatment of anxiety disorders in young people
- The components of CBT for anxiety disorders
- How to adapt treatment for young people and ways to appropriately involve parents or peers
- The use of medication for the treatment of anxiety disorders in young people.
Access this training module