Length of Module
This module will take approximately 90 to 120 minutes to complete.
This module provides the rationale and principles of early psychosis and the Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre (EPPIC) model, as well as providing a good insight into why early detection and intervention are important and how the EPPIC model operates. It will be the basis on which to develop further knowledge and skills related to working clinically with young people experiencing a first episode of psychosis and their families and friends.
The learning objectives of this module are to:
- Understand the rationale and principles for early intervention in psychosis
- Become familiar with the evidence base for early psychosis service provision
- Recognise the aims and guiding principles of the EPPIC model
- Explore core components of the EPPIC model
- Gain awareness of various clinical pathways within the EPPIC model as they apply to a headspace service.
Clinicians and researchers who work with young people in mental health services, primary care settings and other areas of health and human services.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 679 436