Seeking Young People To Join Orygen's Governance Structures
In 2023 we're seeking applications for Youth Advisors to Orygen’s governance structures. This includes Orygen’s Board of Governance and various subcommittees of the Board.
If you're a budding young leader with lived experience of mental-ill health and want to gain experience in the governance of an NGO or health service, this could be the opportunity for you.
How does the application and appointment process work?
Opportunities for the board and subcommittees will be linked on this page throughout 2023. To apply, follow the link to the specific opportunity below, read the information carefully and follow the instructions to apply.
If shortlisted, you'll be invited to participate in up to two interviews with key members of Orygen’s executive, a Board member and a youth participation staff member.
Orygen’s Board will make the final decision based on your CV, application form and recommendations from interview panel members.
If you have any questions about the roles or the application process, please get in touch with [email protected].
What support and benefits do youth advisors get?
Youth advisors who are appointed to the Board and subcommittees will get access to training and support to develop leadership skills so you can fully participate in Orygen’s governance. Supports include:
- A coaching and training program on governance, advocacy, and leadership skills with youth advisors on other subcommittees and the Board.
- Support to prepare and fully participate in Board and subcommittee activities via pre-briefing sessions and debriefing sessions.
- A chance to connect with other youth advisors in Orygen’s governance.
- An honorarium of $254.60 for each Board and subcommittee meeting you participate in and reimbursement for any travel costs associated with the opportunity.
- Additional support via Orygen’s youth participation team as required.
What opportunities are available currently AND how to apply?
Two youth advisors to Orygen's Audit and Risk Board Subcommittee
Two youth advisors to Orygen's People and Remuneration Board Subcommittee
I’ve sent through my application...Now what?
You can expect to hear from Orygen within six to eight weeks of the application closing date.
If you have any questions about your application, email us at [email protected].